This course provides all the knowledge that you need to undertake the ABRSM Grade 1 Music Theory examination.
It can also be taken simply as an introduction to music theory or as a step towards the higher grades in music theory.
The course is taught over 9 lessons, 7 of which are recorded video and 2 are live one to one lessons where you can ask questions and take a look at an examination paper if you wish.
Each video lesson includes a lesson summary help sheet to download which contains all the information covered in the videos.
Topics covered include:
- Note values and rest values
- Bar lines and time signatures
- The treble and bass clefs
- Using dotted notes and ties
- Tones and semitones
- How to form a major scale
- The scales and key signatures of C, G, D and F major
- Degrees of the scale and intervals
- Tonic triads
Disclaimer: This course is not written, owned or endorsed by ABRSM.